Hi Bloggers & Friends
I have just realised I havn't posted for a while and thought I'd touch base.
Well in regards to my job appliaction and interview............never stood a realistic chance as the person I was up against had 30 years experience (within the same authority) and she wanted a sideways move; and it was granted. Nonetheless, I enjoyed the experience and I was given positive feedback and encouraged to apply again when another vacancy comes up.
On another note, we have had every sort of weather you can think of today; snow, sleet, hail, sun, wind, rain, cloud - everything. Nearly got caught out this morning. We rose early to a wonderful sun rise and went to the local farmers market. We bought lots of organic and delicious foods such as pure meat sausages, steak pies, wild muchrooms, oven bottomed baked bread cakes and thick cut sweet cured bacon.
Anyway as we wandered around the garden centre, the sun went in and the rain and sleet came down, so went home to have a brunchy feast of 'bacon butties'. By which time it had started to snow.
Later I came on-line and found Liz's fantastic blog of her and her husbands world cruise on board the Queen Victoria (see the link on my blog). I intend to follow the blog to the end. From the 11th of March 2009 Liz will be doing the segment of the WC which is very similar to the segment my husband and I will be undertaking next year (to celebrate 10 years of marriage - still have a way to catch Liz up who has recently celebrated 41yrs of marriage - congartulations to you both!!) and we are keen to pick up any guidance or tips.
Well this month we have had a celebratory feast. First it was my birthday early in March and Hubby treated me to a fabulous meal and a couple of B52 cocktails (reminisient of the Commodore Club). Then we celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary with another fabulous meal and pink champagne. later this month we will celebrate hubbies birthday..............no doubt with another delicious meal and bottle of bubbly.
Next month I really must get back on track with healthy eating and exercising regularly again...........well I do wish to look half decent for our mini cruise in August on QV and the pre cruise stay at Chewton in August;).
Anyway bye for now .... just off to cook wild muchroom risotto with a side dish of organic greens (yum, yum).
S x
Sunday, 8 March 2009
Month of Celebrations!
Labels:
bacon,
bread,
cruising,
feast,
food,
interviews,
jobs,
organic,
Queen Victoria,
rain,
risotto,
segments,
snow,
social work,
Sunday,
wedding anniversary,
wild mushrooms,
world cruise
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment